Books for Modern World History
GS I Syllabus: Modern World History
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- You must begin your world history preparation from here.
- The content is simple and very easy to understand. Mrunal.org world history compilation covers a significant portion of the modern world history syllabus.
- As modern world history is not relevant for Prelims GS I you need to take up modern world history after completing Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography, Environment, Indian Modern History, etc. unless you have plenty of time at hand.
- A very good book with a simple language.
- The biggest drawback is that this book doesn’t cover events that occurred prior to WW I.
- The book is quite lengthy and explains every event quite comprehensively (not good due to time constraints).
- You must skim through this book rather than reading it word by word.
- This is the contemporary version of OLD NCERT.
- Most of the topics are covered by Modern World History OLD NCERT compilation by Mrunal.org
- You should cover this for the left out topics.
Last updated on April 8, 2020 11:30 PM