Subscribe to never miss an important update!
- Context (PIB): Upon completion of two year term of the ‘National Startup Advisory Council’ (NSAC), the Central Government has nominated the non-official members to the council.
- The Council was constituted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Chairman: Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Ex-officio Members: Nominees of the concerned Ministries/Departments/Organisations not below the rank of Joint Secretary.
- The council also has non-official members, representing various stakeholders such as founders of successful startups, veterans who have grown and scaled companies in India.
- The non-official members are appointed for a period of two years.
- Convener of the Council: Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Objective: To advise the Government on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and startups in the country to drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
For detailed explanation on Startups >PMF IAS November 2023 Monthly Magazine.