Subscribe to never miss an important update!
- Context (PIB): GoI has taken several steps to strengthen the supply chain and market linkages of tribal cooperatives through Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
- It was established in 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984.
- It is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA).
- Its basic mandate is to bring about the socio-economic development of tribal people of the country.
Activities Undertaken by TRIFED
- It helps in the marketing of tribal produce/products through strengthening the supply chain and providing market linkages.
- It aids in the implementation of schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Janjatiya Vikas Mission (PMJVM) scheme, VanDhan Vikas Karyakram, haat bazaars etc.
- TRIFED is a nodal agency for implementing the MSP for Minor Forest Produce (MFP).
Minor Forest Produce (MFP)