Download Environment Second Edition PDF. Hardcopy Available in Delhi, Amazon & Flipkart
Provinces of Pakistan: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan; Azad Kashmir & Gilgit–Baltistan
Provinces of Pakistan
- Context: A Hindu temple was demolished by a mob in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.
- Pakistan has four provinces:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (which now includes the Federally Administered Tribal Areas or FATA),
- Balochistan, &
- Though both PoK (Azad Kashmir) & Gilgit–Baltistan are ruled directly from Islamabad, neither is officially listed as the territory of Pakistan.
- They are both considered as “autonomous territories”.
- For India, on the other hand, as per the resolution passed by Parliament in 1994, PoK & Gilgit–Baltistan are both part of the State of Jammu & Kashmir, which is an integral part of India.
- Gilgit–Baltistan is situated on the north-western corner of the Kashmir Valley (trans–Himalayan region).
- This is a picturesque, hilly region to the north of Azad Kashmir & east of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
PMF IAS Geography Hardcopy: Physical (Released), Indian, World & Economic (Sometime in July 2023)
Download Environment Second Edition PDF. Hardcopy Available in Delhi, Amazon, Flipkart (Seller: Booksmania) & JioMart (Seller: Delhi Open Books)
Direct & Indirect Sources for Understanding the Earth’s Interior
Greenhouse Effect, Global Warming, Carbon Sequestration