Subscribe to never miss an important update!
- It is located on the Siwalik foothills. It is contiguous to Rajaji National Park (Uttarakhand) and Simbalbara National Park (Himachal Pradesh). It is bounded by Yamuna River to the east.
- Vegetation: tropical moist deciduous forest.
- Major Fauna: Panthers, rusty-spotted cat, chital, goral, nilgai, porcupine, small Indian civet, rhesus macaque.
- It is a Ramsar Site located 15 km from Gurugram.
- The park is famous for migratory birds.
- Major Migratory Avifauna: Siberian crane, greater flamingo, spot-billed pelican, wood sandpiper, grey heron.
Wildlife Sanctuaries of Haryana
- Morni Hills (Khol-Hi-Raitan) Wildlife Sanctuary & Bir Shikargarh Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in the Shivalik hills.
- Chhilchhila Lake Wildlife Sanctuary (Seonthi Reserve Forest): Near Kurukshetra University in Kurukshetra district.
- Khaparwas Wildlife Sanctuary (BS): Jhajjar district.
Ramsar Sites of Haryana (2)
- It is a human-made freshwater wetland. It shares its border with Khaparwas WLS (Haryana).
- Endangered Avifauna: Egyptian Vultures (EN), Pallas’s Fish-Eagle (EN)