Subscribe to never miss an important update!
- Context (PIB): 875 eSewa Kendras have been established for District Courts nationwide.
- e-Seva Kendras are established under the eCourts Mission Mode Project in the High Courts and District Court in each State on a pilot basis.
- They are designed to function as a single-point destination for providing legal help and support to regular people involved in lawsuits and to lawyers.
- They allow individuals to get updates on the cases and obtain copies of court judgements and directives.
- It also offers guidance for submitting legal cases electronically.
- Significance: It will advance the right to access the legal system and the right to justice.
- It is one of the National e- Governance projects being implemented in the District and Subordinate Courts since 2007.
- Monitored By: Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice.
- Objective: To provide designated services to litigants, lawyers and the judiciary by universal computerisation of district and subordinate courts and enhancement of ICT enablement of the justice system.