Subscribe to never miss an important update!
- Context (HT): NPCI begins deployment of UPI Tap and Pay Facility for payments apps.
- The UPI Tap and Pay feature leverages the Near Field Communication (NFC) capability in smartphones, allowing users to make on-the-go payments without the need to scan a QR code.
- It can be accessed only on phones or devices that have NFC capability.
- Users can initiate transactions of up to Rs 500 at a time, with a daily cap set at Rs 4,000.
- For purchases under Rs 500, users of UPI Lite can tap their phones against a UPI Smart Tag or UPI Smart QR without entering a UPI PIN.
- For transactions exceeding Rs 500, users will be required to input their PIN after tapping their device.
National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)