PMF IAS Geography Hardcopy for GS: Physical, Indian, World & Economic
- We will be releasing PMF IAS Geography in multiple parts.
- Part I will be PMF IAS Physical Geography (Released).
- Part II will be Indian Geography, World Geography and Economic Geography. (Will be released sometime before prelims 2023. You must NOT wait for it. Please continue with the 2019 edition)
Part I: PMF IAS Physical Geography
PMF IAS Physical Geography
PMF IAS Physical Geography is a one of it’s kind! With numerous colourful diagrams and maps, the book makes the concepts come alive!
- 310 pages
- Sample File
- Full Colour and great quality similar to PMF IAS Environment
- Price: The Sale price will be Rs. 399 (Good things don’t come cheap!)
- It will have the following subsections:
- The Universe and the Solar System (minor topic)
- Evolution of the Surface of the Earth (minor topic)
- Geomorphology (major topic)
- Climatology (major topic)
- Oceanography (major topic)
Environmental Geography and Biogeography will not be a part of this book since it is already covered in PMF IAS Environment.
Part II: Not exactly sure of its organization as of now
- It might include Indian Geography, World Geography Mapping and Economic Geography as separate parts or as one single part. (Will be released sometime before prelims 2023. You must NOT wait for it. Please continue with the 2019 edition)
PMF IAS Indian Geography
- ~150-250 pages
- We are working on a lot of maps from this section. It is the biggest time killer.
PMF IAS Economic Geography
- ~120 pages
- The exact dates and details will be confirmed by the end of March.
PMF IAS World Geography Mapping
- ~50 pages
How is the new edition different from the old edition?
- Not much in terms of content. The content will 90% remain the same. We will be adding more images and some really good maps.
- The major difference will be that, we will be clearly pointing out focus and non-focus areas for the exam. The non-focus topics will be moved to the “Additional Reading” section.
How will the new edition be better?
- We will be using colour coding extensively to make it easier to identify the focus and non-focus areas. (A lot of readers have given their feedback after we launched the PMF IAS Environment. We will be making the necessary changes to make sure the colour coding is better in Geography).
- The new edition is going to have better images and maps.
- The new edition won’t seem bulky since we will be clearly demarcating the focus and non-focus areas for the exam.
Can I continue with the old edition?
- We advise the aspirants to continue with the old edition. Waiting for the new edition will put you in time trouble.
- 9/9 Geography Questions from UPSC Prelims 2021 were easily manageable using the old edition. The Old is already good, the new will be relatively better.
Will the subscribers of PMF IAS get a discount on the new edition of PMF IAS Geography?
- Yes, you will. But unlike in the case of the Environment, the discounts won’t be substantial.
What about PDF subscribers?
- The Geography PDF subscribers will get the book in PDF format once the hardcopy is launched.