Books for Indian Art and Culture
GS I Syllabus: Indian Heritage and Culture
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- It is a good starting point before jumping to books.
- Drawback: Random articles that are not well organized with respect to history and art and culture syllabus. They only cover a fraction of the syllabus.
Rs. 542 27% OFF
Last updated on August 5, 2020 9:20 PM
- 100% UPSC CSE oriented.
- Written by a topper whose has a good reputation for his Art and Culture notes.
- Important words are highlighted (As art and culture is full of facts this is important).
- Art and culture is intrinsically unending and UPSC is unpredictable. So the book is 600+ pages.
- You must make short notes for quick revision as art and culture keep testing your memory power.
- Going for other sources is not at all recommended due to time constraints.
- No matter how much you focus on art and culture there will always be questions asked by UPSC that are simply unanswerable. Just chill and focus on sure shot subjects like Indian Polity, Indian Economy and Economic Survey, Modern Indian History, latest schemes and current affairs, etc.
- Better take up art and culture at the end (after completing the sure shot subjects).